When Justin told me that he was looking at some used republic guitars onlines, with the thought of buying one, I was surprised. Justin has always been one to tell me that he would never buy anything “used.” He’s rather an elitist in that way. One of his favorite sayings is that when you buy something that is used, it is usually something that someone else had problems with, and he didn’t want to buy someone else’s troubles. I’m wondering if Justin is starting to mature a little bit!
Here are more of the things I try to live by everyday. I hope they help you as much as they have helped me.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, or issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE BLUES away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
My grandfather used to be a professional musician, and he moonlighted as a piano tuner. He had an upright piano at his house, and whenever I would be lucky enough to go to his house, I would ask him to play a few songs for me to enjoy. I don’t know who enjoyed that more, him, or me! My parents had an upright piano at our house, too, and so did most of my friends. It wasn’t until I started watching television that I realized that there was more than one type of piano in existence! Some of the television shows we watched also had upright pianos for their pianists, but there would be some performances now and then where the pianist was playing a baby grand or a full grand piano. I always thought those pianos were extremely pretentious!
In my line of work, I have seen some rather strange things and some rather rare happenings. But when it comes to nature, very rarely do I get to see anything as rare as this. My aunt sent me some pictures of twin albino deer. Now the odds of just seeing one albino deer are probably mind boggling but to see twins……I can only imagine what the odds of that would be.
Behind a cafe in Grayling, Michigan, a man made a deer feeder with the ‘Browning’ logo. These twin Albinos have been coming to the feeder since they were fawns. They have been trying to capture a digital picture of them for awhile, but they arrive too late in the evening and the pictures don’t turn out. On a Friday about 10 am they arrived with their proud mother watching close by. Aren’t they absolutely beautiful?
Well the season is well underway with the Christmas music playing in all of the stores and every radio station in town. I love the music when it first starts, but by the time the actual day hits I will be so tired of hearing it…lol Right now I am listening to the Andrew sisters sing “I’d Like to Hitch a Ride with Santa Clause” It is my absolute favorite holiday song.
Time to dig out the decorations and start making the house look festive. Work work work, a woman’s work is never done…lol